If you are interested in running for a position, please submit the following:
1. Candidate Information – Include Name, Program, Year in Program, Contact Number;
2. Candidacy Statement – Explain your interest in the position and a little bit about your platform and ideas (Should be no longer than 175 words);
3. Additional Qualifications Statement – Explain your background and any previous experiences that make you qualified for the position (Should be no longer than 175 words).
**All components should be submitted electronically to email@example.com with the subject line: LAPPD ELECTIONS-POSITION (insert the position you are running for in the email subject). All materials are due no later than Friday, March 30, 2012 at 5:00pm.
Here is the elections timeline :
– March 5th: Board Nominations Announcement & Candidate Informational
– March 5-30th: Current Board Available for Individual Q&A sessions about positions (please feel free to contact member directly)
– March 30th: Deadline for Candidacy Materials: Due by 5pm via Email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
– April 1st: LAPPD Board Voting Begins via Electronic Survey*
– April 13th: LAPPD Board Voting Ends via Electronic Survey*
– April 16th: LAPPD 2012-2013 Board Results Announced via Email